I am really bad about cleaning my face before bed, sometimes I am in a zombie state after falling asleep on the sofa and really just want to get to bed as soon as possible. I had purchased those expensive wipes that are pre soaked and ready to go. No excuses. I had them on the counter ready to go. Until I ran out. I really wasn’t impressed with the performance, either. Every time I break out, I think a chemical product with a good brand name is the answer and it usually makes it worse. Nope, I just don’t think my skin is made for that.
How dare I turn my back on witch hazel? It has a spell on me. Har Har.
A mommy friend of mine had shared this GREAT DIY tutorial for making your own diaper wipes (with dispenser)! Well, I don’t have any children, but I thought it was a great idea. You already know I save just about every container I can come across, for ideas such as these. So here we go.
Face wipes for lazy people like ME! HA!
This is so simple.
1. Get a quality roll of paper towels(they won’t degrade into mush).
2. Cut the roll to fit your container. You can use an old coffee container, mayo jar, peanut butter, jelly, etc , etc.
3. Remove the cardboard cylinder.
4. Pull up on the towel that starts in the center.
5. Put the towels in the jar.
6. Pour in witch hazel (just enough to wet the towels).
7. Clean face.
In NO time at all, you have a handy wipe, in a travel friendly container. For a fraction of the price!
Give it a whirl! And you better believe I am going to mod podge the outside of mine to make it all pretty. =)
Thanks for reading,